Thursday 4 January 2007

New Charts from Cape Naval

11 minutes late! They started at 0741z on 18238 kHz in a hurry! I was ready to tune my receiver to something else, when I heard them rushing to start the transmission! At least there is a 1600 Hz tone idling before the transmission. I still have weak signals so the combination of all these make this station very tricky to catch!

Another thing I forgot to mention: Some charts transmitted blurred, i.e. with lower resolution, like resampling an image to fewer pixels. I don't know if this is intentional, the result is unreadable though.

18238 kHz, 0741z



18238 kHz, 1102z


Now this one started 2 minutes earlier!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Nice image from South Africa. I also receive

www.nairam.sk/070104-090114_southafrica.png

Manolis said...

Thanks a lot! Hey! It's the same transmission!

You also have cool HF-Fax images! Especially from America and Far East!